Onda Origins is a Seattle-based coffee roasting and sourcing company that's building a new way of doing business: connecting coffee growers and drinkers so together we can make coffee more sustainable. We share revenue from every purchase directly with the grower, so every cup supports higher wages, better coffee, and a healthier planet.
Onda has been featured by global outlets like Reuters for pioneering the use of blockchain to create unprecedented transparency for customers and maximize revenue for growers. Visit Onda Origins’ new flagship cafe & roastery in the South Seattle neighborhood of Hillman City to learn more.
Working alongside our Head Roaster/Production Lead and our Director of Coffee, you’ll help us to coordinate and participate in production, order processing, packaging preparation, packing, and shipping. The ideal candidate will be interested in learning about coffee as a whole, especially related to the mission of the company.
We are looking for someone who is efficient and detail-minded, with excellent organizational and operational skills as well as a passion for learning more. This person is someone who can appreciate a good workflow and maybe even make suggestions to improve it! Within this role there is potential for a merit based apprenticeship with the head roaster and director of coffee. Ideally, you have at least a year of experience in the coffee industry, however, if you do not have experience, but do have a passion to learn about what we’re doing — let’s talk!
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the production of our roasted coffee including but not limited assisting in preparing green coffee for roast, preparing retail packaging, packaging retail and bulk coffee, preparing coffee for shipment and for direct delivery
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize bins, tables and general production area/machines according to cleaning protocols
- Assist in the management and maintenance of inventories of all that is needed to fulfill coffee orders
- Help maintain a clean and organized production/order fulfillment area at all times
- Driving - occasionally picking up materials and green coffee
- Potential to assist with local deliveries
- Potential to earn a roasting apprenticeship after minimum of 6 months employment
Applicants must demonstrate the following qualities or abilities:
- Work effectively in a fast-paced production environment/have ability to switch gears when needed
- Can manage and prioritize daily and weekly tasks
- Possess a logical and methodological approach to problem-solving
- Demonstrated capability to communicate clearly and often, and maintain effective relationships with co-workers
- Flexibility with the ability to work independently and with minimum guidance
- Willingness to learn from mistakes
- Desire and curiosity to grow and enhance knowledge and skills
- Understanding and adherence to maintaining confidentiality in all matters
- Proficiency with computers
- Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Preferred: at least a year of experience in the coffee industry
- Ability to stand or walk for most of the day
- Moderate to heavy lifting and carrying (50 lbs. and above)
- Bending, stooping, pushing/reaching above shoulder
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment with a moderate noise level
- M-F availability necessary
- Approximately 20-25 hours per week. Hours have the potential to increase with the growth of the business
- Pay starts at $15/hr
- Combined Paid Time Off/Paid Sick and Safe Time policy (PTO/PSST), which accrues 1 hour per 20 hours worked
- 3 hours of paid volunteer time of your choice (outside of your shifts) per quarter
- Eligibility for 401k retirement savings plan after 12 months of employment with Onda Origins
- Roasted coffee benefit
- Discounts at our retail locations
Womxn, POC and LGBTQ+ are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a letter of interest in the body of an email, and a professional resume or CV as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.