Onda Origins is a Seattle-based coffee roaster asking: who grew your coffee? We show you the person behind the product, and share revenue from your purchase with them. Your daily ritual rewards growers for supporting their communities and environment: the ingredients for better coffee. We’ve been featured in Geekwire, Seattle Business Magazine, King 5 News, and Daily Coffee News.
We’re seeking a part-time Marketing Associate in our Seattle office to support the company’s efforts to grow our brand awareness and engage potential customers. The Marketing Associate will work closely with the Director of Impact and Engagement. They will play a critical role in helping an early stage start-up build a following and transform the way that consumers think about sustainability when they buy coffee. Other perks: damn good office coffee.
This position is part-time (15 hr per week), with the potential to become full-time as the company grows.
- Content creation: write stories, blogs, social posts, newsletters, and other content that educates consumers on issues related to sustainability in coffee and how we are addressing it in partnership with our growers.
- Social media: manage our social media presence, including curating and publishing posts, creating ads, review analytics and adjusting to improve our engagement.
- Email marketing: produce monthly newsletters and sales campaigns that feature new products, grower stories, and other updates or communications to engage our audience.
- Website: work in Shopify to update products, photos, blog posts, press pieces, and more.
- Research: Follow the latest news and research on sustainability in coffee, farmer profitability, climate change, and other relevant issues. May also include research on opportunities that support our business growth (such as sales targets, relevant events, and press, etc).
- Event support: Staffing our events as needed, which may include making and sampling coffee, and share our brand’s story with customers.
- Other: Support miscellaneous operational needs, including stamping boxes and cups, stickering bags, packing coffee, and shipping online orders.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and communications, with excellent writing and storytelling skills, strong social media strategy, and website management.
- Graphic design and/or video editing experience a plus.
- Demonstrated research experience and analytical thinking.
- Highly organized, good judgement, ability to work with autonomy in ambiguous situations and willingness to help wherever is needed.
- Strong communicator with excellent customer service.
- Hourly rate based on level of experience
- This position is part-time and not eligible for benefits
How to apply
- Email resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Marketing Associate - [YOUR NAME]”