Onda Origins is a cafe and roastery located in Hillman City. We are looking for hardworking, enthusiastic people to join our team and help tell the stories behind our coffee. Coffee experience and/or a passion for coffee is desired, but excellent customer service, willingness to learn a new craft, and dedication to an inclusive environment are musts. Above all, we prioritize team orientedness.
- Connect with our wonderful regular customers
- Make delicious drinks and snacks that meet our quality standards and provide input on improving recipes and quality
- Complete all tasks related to the position including maintaining impeccable cleanliness, keeping the space organized, and doing side work as assigned by manager
- Exhibit care, grace, and attention to detail while carrying out tasks and while communicating
Applicants must demonstrate the following qualities or abilities:
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Clear communication and accountability
- Ability to manage and prioritize daily and weekly tasks
- Possess a logical and autonomous ability to problem-solve
- Maintain productive and positive relationships with co-workers
- Flexibility with the ability to work independently
- Willingness to receive and provide constructive feedback in a respectful and timely manner
- Desire and curiosity to grow and enhance knowledge and skills
- Excitement for learning about the process of coffee - growing, sourcing, roasting, and serving
- Proficiency or willingness to learn with point of sale systems
- Preferred but not required: at least a year of experience in the coffee industry
- Must work at least 2 shifts per week, including 1 weekend day, and complete all training requirements in a timely manner
- Ability to stand or walk for all of your shift
- Moderate to heavy lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Bending, stooping, pushing/reaching above shoulder
- Ability to work in an environment with a moderate noise level
- Must taste coffee often to ensure quality standards are met. Sight, smell, and taste must all be used to quality check the product throughout a shift
- Ability to work closing shifts alone.
- Both full time and part time positions available
- Pay starts at $16.75/hr plus tips with opportunities for raises or advancement
- Combined Paid Time Off/Paid Sick and Safe Time policy (PTO/PSST), which accrues 1 hour per 20 hours worked
- 3 hours of paid volunteer time of your choice (outside of your shifts) per quarter
- Eligibility for 401k retirement savings plan after 12 months of employment with Onda Origins
- 12oz roasted coffee of your choice per month and employee discounts at our cafe
We are committed to fostering a workplace that reflects our company values, those of our employees, and those of the communities we serve. BIPOC, and LGBTQIA+ are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a letter of interest in the body of an email, and a professional resume or CV as an attachment to email@example.com.